Scholar Commons is an Open Access Institutional Repository to preserve, collect and disseminate the research and scholarship of the University of South Carolina including USCA. With scholarly content contributed by faculty, researchers and students, the repository expands the visibility, access and influence of the University. It also supports efforts to increase collaboration and cross discipline research within and outside the University as well as supporting Open Access efforts to increase access to the exchange of scholarship globally. If you would like to include your work in the Scholar Commons, please contact us!
Scholar Commons is the Open Access Institutional Repository of the University of South Carolina.
Some of the benefits of inclusion in Scholar Commons include:
1. We will research copyright status on your published material to ensure that it can be included in Scholar Commons. We will also upload metadata and copies of all materials for which this use is permitted, thereby making them freely available online to a larger worldwide audience. At this time we are including peer-reviewed journal articles. We will also include book chapters, books or conference proceedings if you already have a digital or scanned copy available.
2. Items uploaded are optimized for fast, accurate indexing by Google, Google Scholar, Yahoo and Bing.
3. Your readership will increase because researchers in related fields around the world will be able to access your work without the "toll" required on traditional publishing platforms. This could also lead to cross-discipline and cross-institution collaboration.
4. Your readership will circulate beyond the academic community to professionals in the field and society in general.
5. All your open access scholarship can be presented in one place.
6. Each entry will have a permanent address that can be used in other publications.
7. Scholar Commons will allow you to increase your presence on the Web.
8. You will receive monthly statistics on downloads of your articles.