Public Spaces in the Library
Study spaces, computer labs, library stacks, elevator, bathrooms, and other library public spaces remain open with additional precautionary measures in place.
- One person per aisle only.
- Loitering in the aisles is discouraged.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the library’s hold service for retrieving books.
Library Service Desks
- Plexiglass shields are located in front of each of the service desks.
- Floor signs mark 6ft spacing in front of service desks.
- Supplies kept at service desks for patron use, such as staplers, pencil sharpeners, paper cutters, etc., will be cleaned after each use.
- Librarians, staff, and student workers will wipe down their work areas at the beginning of their shift.
Limited to two occupants at a time.
- If more than one occupant, physical distancing must be maintained
COVID-19 Study Room Policy
Beginning fall semester 2020, study rooms will be available for three-hour periods, three times per day. Students may book one three-hour session per day.
Study room times will be:
8:00 am – 11:00 am
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
-Only one student may book the study room during the time period. Study rooms are single occupancy.
-Library personnel will clean the rooms at 11:00 am, 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
-Students in individual study rooms are encouraged to keep their masks on as well, both for their health and safety as well as those who come before and after them.
-Students will have access to cleaning supplies and will be encouraged to clean their work area.
- Study rooms must be booked in advance via Book a Room.
The Gregg-Graniteville Library currently has 36 Dell laptops available for use. The laptops checkout for 2 weeks at a time. Power cords are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Overdue fines are $20.00 per day. Lost, stolen or damaged laptops will result in a replacement charge of $1500.00.
For a full link to our laptop policy, please consult this page.