Guidelines and Procedures for Visitors to the Gregg-Graniteville Library
All visitors (those not currently enrolled or employed by UofSC Aiken) will be required to check in at one of the front desks.
The visitor will show the attending staff their form of identification.
The staff person will complete the date and name portion of the “Health Assessment and Attestation Form.” The staff person will ask the visitor the yes/no questions and record their answers. Click here to view a sample "Health Assessment and Attestation Form."
The staff person will give the visitor the form and a pass that has been date and time stamped.
The visitor will sign and initial the “Health Assessment and Attestation Form” and deposit it in the locked form box.
The staff person will record, with a tick mark, the hour that a visitor checked in. In case the library reaches capacity and visitors are asked to leave to make room for U of SC Aiken community members, every effort should be made to ask the visitor who has been in the library the longest to leave first.
Every morning, a staff person will retrieve the previous days forms from the locked form box and file them by date in a secure place.
After 3 months, the forms will be shredded.
Until further notice, please follow the guidance, developed by UofSC Aiken, outlined in this document when visiting the UofSC Aiken.
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, UofSC Aiken is asking everyone to take personal responsibility to protect the health and safety of UofSC Aiken faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, all suppliers and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings in all hallways, elevators, public spaces and common areas, and when entering any UofSC Aiken buildings.
Food & Drink Policy during COVID-19
Masks must be worn at all times unless in the act of eating or drinking. No outside food may be brought in until further notice.
-Six foot distancing needs to be maintained.
Public Spaces in the Library
Study spaces, computer labs, library stacks, elevator, bathrooms, and other library public spaces remain open with additional precautionary measures in place.
- To help with social distancing, one half of all seating has been removed, ensuring the building will not exceed 50% capacity.
- Seating will be monitored via regular library checks, and steps will be taken during busy periods to ensure compliance with the 50% building capacity.
- Please keep your university identification (Carolina Card) on you when in the library. To ensure there is enough seating for UofSC Aiken students, you may be asked to show your Carolina Card. Once the library reaches capacity, visitors (those not currently enrolled or employed by UofSC Aiken) may be asked to leave.
- Every other computer and study carrel was decommissioned to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- One person per aisle only.
- Loitering in the aisles is discouraged.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the library’s hold service for retrieving books.
Library Service Desks
- Plexiglass shields are located in front of each of the service desks.
- Floor signs mark 6ft spacing in front of service desks.
- Supplies kept at service desks for patron use, such as staplers, pencil sharpeners, paper cutters, etc., will be cleaned after each use.
- Librarians, staff, and student workers will wipe down their work areas at the beginning of their shift.
Limited to two occupants at a time.
- If more than one occupant, physical distancing must be maintained
Masks will be worn in elevators
COVID-19 Study Room Policy
Beginning fall semester 2020, study rooms will be available for three-hour periods, three times per day. Students may book one three-hour session per day.
Study room times will be:
8:00 am – 11:00 am
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
-Only one student may book the study room during the time period. Study rooms are single occupancy.
-Library personnel will clean the rooms at 11:00 am, 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
-Students in individual study rooms are encouraged to keep their masks on as well, both for their health and safety as well as those who come before and after them.
-Students will have access to cleaning supplies and will be encouraged to clean their work area.
- Study rooms must be booked in advance via Book a Room.
The Gregg-Graniteville Library currently has 36 Dell laptops available for use. The laptops checkout for 2 weeks at a time. Power cords are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Overdue fines are $20.00 per day. Lost, stolen or damaged laptops will result in a replacement charge of $1500.00.
For a full link to our laptop policy, please consult this page.